When it comes to the most effective video content on your social platforms as you seek to optimize your recruitment tactics in the New Year, think “less is more.”
Shorter form videos are ideal for social media, as users, especially millennials and members of younger generations, are usually scrolling quickly. Because their time is limited, these videos have higher retention rates.
- Five percent of viewers will stop watching a video on social media after one minute. So, shorter clips boost the percentage of people who will get all the way to the end of yours.
- Shorter videos are more optimal for creating shareable content. For instance, more than 90 percent of mobile users share videos they like. Focus on producing pieces that are entertaining and relatable to desired candidates. This will help you build awareness of your employment brand and encourage users to distribute your videos to their own contacts – aka other potentially desirable talent.
More Benefits of Shorter Videos
Short-form videos entice, intrigue, inform and educate while leaving your audience asking for more. And isn’t that exactly what you want from your recruitment marketing efforts? Done well, these videos:
- Promote higher engagement with targeted audiences. To further facilitate this, provide space for feedback and comments.
- Result in more memorable content. Shorter form content is easier to consume and remember, because there’s no excess fluff. This, in turn, makes your videos more impactful.
- Rank higher in search results. Because, overall they hold the attention of visitors longer – keeping them watching through to the end – shorter videos often lead to higher Google search rankings. The Google algorithm takes into account the number of times users spend on websites and positions these higher on search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Increase email open rates. To promote your videos, use the actual word “video” in your subject line, for the best effect.
There’s no set rule for the ideal length of a video, but depending on your specific content, it will likely range from 60 to 140 seconds. TikTok now allows up to three minutes, while Instagram Reels top off at one minute.
The right video content is critical to your successful social recruiting strategy, which in turn is one of the pillars of your effective talent acquisition plan as you head into the New Year. Consider partnering with Haley Marketing as you pull all the key elements together and make 2023 your best year ever for building your industry-leading team, despite whatever ongoing challenges the talent market may throw your way. Contact us now to learn more.