No other hiring platform offers the same depth of content, customizability, or traffic growth potential as a solid career site. As you showcase your employer brand, this is your storefront to display the very best of your company and the career opportunities you have to offer.
The benefits of a strong career site include:
- The ability to control the story you tell candidates: Often, your career site is your first point of contact with a job seeker. You own everything on it, so put it to work for you.
- An opportunity for organic web traffic: With the right content and targeting, your site will be at the top of candidates’ search results.
- Improved hiring metrics: More people will find a well-structured career site organically, reducing the need for paid candidate sourcing. And, concise brand messaging helps job seekers pre-screen themselves to establish fit. This can have a positive impact on your cost-per-hire and time-to-hire statistics.
The Secret Sauce
Here are some of the ingredients you need in your recipe for a refreshed career site as you kick off 2022:
- Make it easy to find. Your career site should be readily accessible from your homepage and footer. Making it highly visible enables candidates to reach it quickly, without a lengthy search process.
- Make a compelling first impression. Your career site should be much more than just a repository for your job postings. According to Glassdoor, 75 percent of job seekers are likely to apply at a company that actively manages its employer brand – and your site is the ideal tool for this to happen.
- Focus on what makes your company unique. This might be your attractive culture, benefits, awards and recognition programs, specialized products, or whatever else makes your organization stand out from the competition.
- Use multi-media to capture attention. Shoot for a variety of eye-catching, interactive media options including videos, images and infographics. Video in particular is a great way to convey your unique organizational personality.
- Ensure that your site is mobile friendly. This should be a given. Today’s candidates demand it. It’s that simple.
- Optimize your job postings. This is, after all, where the rubber meets the road. Craft well-written job descriptions that capture attention, engage prospective hires, and sell your jobs. Strike a balance between listing requirements and job duties and promoting those unique features that will entice people to do more than window shop. Close the deal by convincing them to apply before they sign off.
- Another job posting tip: Make sure every posting is keyword friendly, for search engine optimization.
- Look at all your capture methods. Do you need more, or stronger, calls to action? Simpler forms? More robust visitor tracking? Regularly assess every element of your site with a critical eye, as if you were a job seeker seeing it for the first time.
Keeping your career site fresh and engaging is an ongoing job – and not one you can afford to ignore. For additional insight, turn to the recruitment experts at Haley Marketing. Reach out to us today to set up a free introductory focus call. Ramping up your recruitment efforts may be the best New Year’s resolution you ‘ve ever made – and working with our experienced team, one you can actually keep!