Landing top talent starts with engaging top talent – and that’s why reels need to be an integral part of your social recruitment strategy.
- One recent survey found that 31 percent of recruiters struggle to tell engaging stories as they source desired candidates. In other research, it was found that job postings with videos are 12 percent more likely to be viewed, and companies have a 34 percent greater application rate when they add video to their job listings. So, hello video!
The best recruitment videos grab candidates’ attention because they’re inspiring, aspirational, and tell a compelling story about what it’s like to be a part of your company.
Leveraging video can help you:
- Attract both passive and active candidates: The reason is simple: video captures people’s attention. This includes those who weren’t even on the lookout for a new job until they saw your reel.
- Spread the word: Video is more likely than other content to be shared on social media: typically achieving 1,200 percent more shares than text or images.
- Reach more candidates on their mobile devices: Video is great for mobile, and usage has grown significantly in recent years. This trend is likely to continue.
- Rank higher on job boards and Google. Because they’re more engaging, video-embedded postings rank higher and appear closer to the top of candidates’ search results.
About Instagram and Tik Tok Reels
As you develop your plans for using reels, Instagram and Tik Tok are two platforms to be familiar with.
- Instagram Reels allows you to create short, engaging videos on the platform. Videos can be between three and 90 seconds long. Tik Tok videos, by comparison, can be between one second and 10 minutes long.
- On Instagram, reels need to be filmed in full 9:16 portrait mode. They can be filmed directly within the Reels camera or uploaded from your own camera roll. They are mobile only, so they can’t be uploaded on a desktop, but they can be scheduled on social media.
- The Instagram Reels tab is similar to Tik Tok’s For You page. Both platforms provide an outlet for you to produce and share creative short-form videos. They also share many of the same editing features.
Creating Winning Recruitment Reels
As you produce video content to compliment your brand and company culture, think about exactly what you’re trying to achieve, the sort of talent you want to attract, and how to best communicate your messaging in an engaging, entertaining manner. Last but not least, don’t forget to include a clear call to action at the end.
So, you’re not a video – or maybe not even a social media – expert? No worries. When it comes to perfecting your social strategy, as well as all the elements of your successful recruitment marketing plans, Haley Marketing can help. Our experts will keep you abreast of the tech, the tools, and the trends as they emerge. Contact us today to set up a free introductory focus call.